Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mountain Man Update

As promised, here's a little update on my aspirations and plans to become a mountain man/cowboy/rancher.  Becoming a mountain man or cowboy can be kind of general, it encompasses a variety of checkmarks or degrees.  I'm still beginning and have a long way to go, but recently, my mind has been obsessed with going fishing.  Now fishing is something i've done a fair amount of in my life.  I've always enjoyed it, but i've never been the one to push my dad to take me fishing, or had the drive to go out fishing by myself.  This last week or so, though, i've wanted nothing more than to drop a line in the Provo river and land myself a good-sized brown trout.  I'm serious about making this dream a reality too.  When I was home this week, I talked my dad into letting me take a rod and reel back down with me to Provo.  I also talked to my "Mr. Outdoors" uncle about what bait or lure to use on the Provo.  I even have an idea of when i'll actually make the trip.  My Saturdays usually have a 3-4 hour block scheduled out for me to watch the BYU football game.  Since our regular season is now over, i'll just go fishing for that time instead.  Anyway, that was a lot of details that I just threw out, but the main point is that I am still serious about becoming a woodsman and the next step or checkmark is to go fishin.

No comments:

Post a Comment