Saturday, November 13, 2010

BYU Basketball

I really do try to talk about a variety of subjects on my blog, but it seems like I always fall back on sports.  On Friday, I took one for the team and got in the line outside the Marriott Center at 2:00 pm to get good seats for the 7:00 pm game for my buddies and me.  The three-hour wait in the cold and then the two-hour wait inside the arena was long and boring, but it was a small price to pay to get good seats to the home opening b-ball game.  By the time the lights in the arena went out and the giant sheets fell from the rafters as part of the pre-game celebration, I had completely lost my mind and my voice.  BYU started off a little sluggish, but thanks to Jimmer Fredette, they finished the first half on a roll and opened up a big lead.  The second half was just an extension of a practice as BYU blew out Fresno State and kicked off what should be a very successful season.    

No comments:

Post a Comment