Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cowboy Up

This is unusual: I have two specific topics to write about and I want to write about both of them.  Usually I have to rack my brain to think of anything to write about.  The two themes are, first, that I have always wanted to be a cowboy/rancher someday and, second, that my roommate just cooked some awesome Thai food that rocked my world.  I think I'll write about becoming a cowboy.
I can't remember when I first starting having this desire, but its been building up inside of me for a long time.  When I was little, I often wore a worn-out cowboy hat around the house.  When I was a teenager, I had a job of feeding two of my neighbors' horses.  This last summer, I became fascinated by western movies.  John Wayne and the Sackett's are some of my new heroes.
Even though I am preparing to apply to the accounting program at BYU this spring, I am also making plans to turn my dream of being a cowboy into a reality.  The following is a list of the next steps to be taken:

  • Purchase boots and a hat
  • Continue to develop a healthy taste for country music
  • Plan trips to rodeos, fairs, and demolition derbies
  • Stalk, catch, and train a wild stallion
Please follow this blog to get updates on the progress of this worthy endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment