Sunday, December 5, 2010

Serving the Stressed

This is a formal report of the assignment given from Shayne to find someone even more stressed than myself and do something nice for them.  I really took this seriously and was looking all week for just the right individual who was pushed to the limit and who could really use a helping hand.  I think I must have been inspired, because of all people, I thought of my very own sister and concluded that she would be a great candidate (I've been sarcastic, it was actually a Sunday night, last minute cop out).  I called her up and asked if I could do her dishes.  She liked the idea of course, but said that she and five or six other girls were still eating dinner and that I should come over a little later.  When I heard that, I knew that I had been inspired to call her.  Now I was going to get the chance to be "caught in the act" of serving by a whole group of girls.  I went over at the time my sister designated and pretended to be shocked that a whole dinner group was gathered, even though I already knew they were there.  I collected the dishes from each of the girls while they were still seated and got to meet each of them.  What a deal!  True service should come from the heart and isn't rendered to attract the praise of the world, but it is really nice to show up at the right place at the right time and attract the praise of six girls just by fulfilling a mandatory service assignment!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's awesome! haha I hope you got one of their numbers...unless they're a lot older because that might be kind of weird. But That's an very nice stress reducer. My brother wouldn't think to come do my dishes in a million years so your sister is very lucky. The Sunday night cop out thing was funny too because I kind of did the same thing, but yours was still better than mine:)! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH Holly you keep beating me to the punch on these blogs! I feel like I read people's service assignments and see that the girls do real service and the guys pick up chicks. But hey, maybe you guys are on to something!
    Its been fun having you in class and good luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jordan, you are a man among boys. Genius idea. I may just have to have some "mandatory" service assignment every week if I can pull off what you just accomplished! You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete