Sunday, October 17, 2010

Waffle Party

Tonight changed my life.  Following our ward prayer meeting, I attended my first ward waffle party.  It is true, our ward has a called and set-apart waffle committee, whose sole purpose and responsibility is to periodically prepare waffles for the ward.  When the callings were announced in sacrament meeting, we were sure that the bishop said "welfare committee," but we've come to see that he actually said "waffle committee."  We showed up tonight to find a plethora of waffles and waffle toppings just waiting to be devoured.  This is going to be a revolution that will catch on throughout the world-wide church.  I built myself a cinnamon-flavored waffle, topped it with chocolate ice cream and powdered sugar, and sat there wondering how I had ever been able to survive life without a ward waffle committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment