Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thanks Shayne

The topic for today's blog is an interesting one.  In MCOMM class this week, the teacher gave us a random assignment to buy a stranger a coke and then write about the experience in our blogs.  The first thing I did was consult Rob, because I know he has a reputation of being a smooth criminal.  He gave me a few pointers, built up my confidence, and then sent me off to fulfill the assignment.  
My pre-developed plan was to find a girl in the "Twilight Zone" of the Bookstore and buy her a drink that she probably would have bought for herself anyway.  I figured that this would be easy and low-risk, because I'd know that the girl already wanted the drink and wouldn't mock my offer.  As I made my way to the "Twilight Zone" on Saturday afternoon, though, no one was there.  The store was empty, except for one, lone, female worker at the cash register.  My brilliant plan wouldn't work because the worker wasn't about to buy herself a drink and besides, she was the only person in the store and that made me nervous and jittery.  Nevertheless, I manned up (i don't know if that phrase works in the past tense) and did it.  I asked her if I could buy her a drink, she smiled and agreed, and I bought her a "Simply Raspberry Lemonade" at her request.  After that, I left.

1 comment:

  1. Simply Raspberry Lemonade...good choice:)

    ReplyDelete