Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yanks Win It!!

If you remember, last week I had a very tough time deciding on a topic for my blog post.  Tonight, though, I have no problem choosing a subject.  My beloved New York Yankees were on an unheard-of four-game loosing streak and my hopes of a second straight world series championship were dwindling tonight as we (I say "we" because I feel like in a way I'm part of the team) were in position to lose yet another game.  To make matters much worse, we were losing in front of a home crowd to our bitter, long-time rivals, the Boston RedSox.  But, just when things were looking bad, my Yanks came through for me.  First, A-Rod hit a HUGE two-run homer in the seventh inning.  And then, in the bottom of the tenth inning, the RedSox pitcher walked in the winning run.  Whew!!!  We dodged a bullet, snapped our four-game winning streak, and gained a full game on the division-leading Rays.  With October on the way, I am once again looking forward to following the Yanks all the way to the world series.  My day is complete and I can now go to bed in a good mood as soon as I finish this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment