Saturday, September 11, 2010

Serious Poetry

So I really do think this class has been helpful, because in the first two weeks of class i've already learned something of substantial importance - I'm really not as good at writing as I previously thought.  My uncle and teacher Shayne (with a "y") thrives at clever or funny writing, but I just don't make the cut.  For that reason, I've decided to completely shift gears and focus on poetry.  Not the humorous or clever stuff, the serious stuff that only the intellectuals understand. Here it goes:

              WOLVES

A shiver-inducing howl and a rush of excitement,
Near extinction, now they're back!
A flash of fur and paw-prints in the fields of snow,
Here they come!
The light of the blue corn moon momentarily reveals them,
They are the wolves!

No comments:

Post a Comment